Live Life to the Max! Not just alive and well, but Alive and Kicking!! Take a peek into the ordinary lives of some extraordinary Australians. Discover how they keep their energy high into their sixties, seventies, eighties and beyond. No matter what your age, these lifestyle secrets will help you to live a vital, exciting and fulfilling life.
Twelve Australian legends:
- Jeremy Bingham - 70, active triathlete, previous Lord Mayor of Sydney and leading expert in development, environmental and local government law.
- Nancy Bird-Walton - OBE, Australia’s first female commercial pilot in 1935 at the age of 20, Founder of Australian Women Pilots’ Association.
- Bryce Courtenay - World-renown best-selling author. He has sold more than four million books in Australia alone and is an avid runner at 70 still running half marathons!
- Roger Climpson - TV and radio personality for over fifty years, multiple television awards for newsreading, taught himself to use a computer at 69.
- June Dally Watkins - Over 50 years in business as founder of June Dally Watkins Model School and Business Finishing College and still working six days a week.
- Owen Denmeade - Founder of the Australian Institute of Training and Development, active cyclist, runner, dancer of hip hop and funk at 66!
- Dulcie Hume - Born 1914, lost mother at age nine, lost three husbands and her only son. Still bright as a button and doing aerobics at 88!
- Toni Lamond - Australian showbiz phenomenon, winner of two Logies, she has performed in numerous musicals around the world, and is still travelling doing stage shows into her 70s!
- Bob Rogers - One of Australia’s first disc jockeys, honoured for his 60 years in radio. In his late 70s, still hosts the morning show on 2CH and happily married for over fifty years!
- Karl Stockhausen - Over thirty-five years as winemaker with Lindemans, Chairman of the tasting panel of the Australia Wine Selectors , still out there in his 70s fighting the fierce Australian bushfires.
- Ron Tacchi - Late 60s, Founder of Australian National Sales Congress, founder and Managing Director of Speakers Network International, latest hobby – hot yoga!
- Colleen Wilson-Lord - Expert in health and fitness for seniors, received Advance Australian Foundation Award, still working and teaching exercise into her mid-sixties.