This is a practical handbook for public speakers, trainers or anyone required to prepare and make a presentation. A clear and succinct guide, Basic Presentation Skills
will be key resource for the novice or the accomplished presenter.
The author provides an overview of the main competencies required for effective presentations and it guides the reader through skills development. Features to assist learning include checklists, application examples and suggestions for further reading.
Topics covered include:
- Researching a topic.
- Presenting a skill.
- Methods of presentation.
- Games, simulations and role plays.
- Motivation and attention.
- Non-verbal communication.
- Using overhead projectors.
- Presentation notes or session plans.
- Group methods.
- Presenter effectiveness.
- Difficult situations and nerves.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Presentation aids.
- sing a microphone.