Kathy Stein's convenient guide describes 336 environment-friendly, money-saving ways to re-use 70 types of common products - most of them not currently accepted for recycling. It also helps readers locate businesses and nonprofit organizations that accept products not suited for average household re-use. Beyond Recycling
- New uses for old, worn, or broken products.
- Tips on maintaining appliances, vehicles, computers, furnishings.
- Products it makes practical sense to repair.
- Low-cost alternatives to single-use disposables.
- Uses for non-recyclable paper and plastic products.
- Organizations that actively promote re-use.
- Re-use programs that benefit schools and children.
- New types of outlets for re-usable products.
- Businesses and corporations that recondition products and re-use packaging materials.
shows how we can help preserve our environmental heritage while saving money through common-sense choices that contribute to a sustainable lifestyle.