Christine Durham shows how to help children be better, brighter thinkers. She encourages parents and teachers to discover the joys of discussing ideas with children. Chasing Ideas
provides ways to show children aged three to fifteen how to explore ideas, think, judge, make decisions and communicate more effectively - important life skills for them to take into adulthood.
Christine Durham's imaginative book helps adults and children to enjoy playing with ideas. Her treasure trove of techniques, ups and activities will help children:
- Let their imaginations fly! Free their natural curiosity about why things happen, how things are and how they might be.
- Fall in love with ideas so that they see and understand more, and think creatively.
- Unlock their minds and their potential to become ingenious thinkers.
- Open up issues and explore ideas by using the "Handy Thinking" tools - practical thinking skills that are fun and easy to remember.
will help parents and teachers:
- enrich, broaden and deepen their relationships with children;
- expand their children's horizons;
- explore issues, ideas and understandings with children in a delightful way;
- empower their children and enhance their self-confidence and self-esteem.