Fathering from the Fast Lane
presents practical ways for fathers to spend better time with their children. In compiling this collection of valuable ideas, Dr Bruce Robinson has interviewed over 75 fathers (and many of their families) from different backgrounds and professions - from pig farmers and plumbers to the Prime Minister and Test cricketers. Here these men speak about the ways they balance demanding jobs with trying to be good dads. All fathers can benefit from the experiences of these men, described here honestly and often touchingly.
Some of the important questions addressed in the book are:
- What do children need from their fathers?
- How can busy fathers make better use of their limited time with their children?
- How can they know if they're doing a good job of being a dad?
- What have other busy men done to be effective dads?
- How can fathering and work be mutually beneficial?