is the ultimate book and movie guide for every possible situation you could face – it will become your well-thumbed companion through life’s ups and downs. Sometimes it’s hard to keep on smiling (and looking fabulous)! Because some days things just don’t seem to go a gal’s way. Any of these sound familiar?
- You’ve been dumped – read High Fidelity.
- Your boss is making your life a living hell – watch Working Girl.
- You’re suffering from unrequited love – read Vanity Fair.
- You have absolutely nothing to wear! – watch Clueless.
- You just can’t seem to find Mr Right – read Pride and Prejudice.
- A ‘friend’ is out to ruin your life – watch Mean Girls.
- Your family is driving you mad – read All Families Are Psychotic.
- You need a long holiday somewhere glamorous but you’ve got no cash – watch Lost in Translation.
With contributions from Sass & Bide designers Heidi Middleton & Sarah-Jane Clarke, Kate Ceberano, Claudia Karvan, Cathy Freeman, Kathy Lette and many more you will realise that even celebrities depend on a great book or film. Love lost is found, fashion crimes becomes fashion highs and great girls finally get everything they've always wanted.
See, there is
a way out of all the doom and gloom – after all, that’s why books and movies were invented! Simply browse through and pick a story to suit your mood. Then grab a big bowl of popcorn and an even bigger glass of wine and get ready to lose yourself in another world, where life’s problems are solved in a few hours and nice girls like us always get their guy … sigh! Indulge yourself in some great stories and find true love, happiness and the perfect outfit. All this without even leaving your couch!
Kathy Buchanan has written for leading magazines and newspapers in Australia and the UK, including Harper’s Bazaar
, Esquire, Cosmopolitan
, the Sunday Telegraph
, the Sun-Herald
and the UK Mirror
. She is the author of Charm School: The Modern Girl’s Complete Handbook of Etiquette
and Quit for Chicks