It's Your Constitution
is a very readable and straightforward guide to the Australian Constitution, written by one of Australia's foremost experts on the Constitution, Professor Cheryl Saunders.
The Constitution sets out the most important rules for Australian government:
- How people have a say in government;
- Who makes decisions in government and how;
- What government may do and how they may do it.
This book explains the Constitution and describes:
- How the Senate and House of Representatives work;
- How much power the Prime Minister really has;
- Why the High Court is so important;
- What the Governor-General's role is;
- Who decides how to spend taxes;
- How State and Commonwealth Governments work together.
A complete copy of the Constitution is included.