- Sole trader, partnership or company? Which business structure is best for me?
- Occupational health & safety - does my business comply?
- Am I meeting my taxation obligations?
- Are we offering all our employees Equal Opportunities?
- What's in the Trade Practices Act and how should our business practices comply with it?
- What do I need to know about Privacy Laws?
Legal compliance is an essential part of running a successful, profitable small business. Non-compliance - even if inadvertent - can attract fines and penalties which could destroy years of hard work. Yet there is a great deal of legislation passed by all three levels of government in Australia - local, state and federal - and legal advice comes at a cost.
In Law for Small Business
, Charles Birch offers small business owners a head start. By reading up on how the law affects your business you will be better placed to design and implement legal compliance procedures within your business. And when you need professional advice, you will be able to understand it.