Your Definitive Guide to Using the Glycemic Index to Achieve Scientifically Proven Long-term Health Benefits.
The ultimate GI reference.
The most significant dietary finding of the last 25 years, the glycemic index (GI) is an easy-to-understand measure of how food affects blood glucose levels and has revolutionised the way we eat. This fifth edition of Australia's original New York Times bestseller is the one-stop classic resource for anyone who wants to discover the benefits of adopting a healthy low GI lifestyle and will help you:
- Lose weight and keep it off;
- Improve diabetes management;
- Reduce the risk of heart disease;
- Improve blood cholesterol levels;
- Manage the symptoms of PCOS;
- Boost your fertility;
- Reduce hunger and stay full for longer;
- Prolong physical endurance;
- Prevent obesity;
- Increase your body's sensitivity to insulin.