John Downes is well known for his superb rustic breads. People from all over Australia have enjoyed the wholesome crusty loaves from his wood-fired ovens.
Now you can learn how to make these timeless breads at home. Natural Tucker Bread Book
gives you practical advice on:
- home bread making.
- sourdough, yeasted and unleavened breads.
- unusual substitutions for special dietary requirements (e.g. how to use soy milk and tofu in bread-making).
- nutritional and cultural perspectives on bread.
- baker's tricks for making crusty bread.
- utensils and equipment.
- kneading, proving and cooking techniques.
60 recipes for:
- Basic leaven breads (sourdough).
- Yeasted breads.
- Unleavened breads.
- Special breads.