A new and truly awesome collection of comic fantasy masterpieces!
It isn't often you find a posse of Greek goddesses putting down insurrection among unruly classical mortals, stranded aliens escaping earth in a church converted into a rocket, or a light-fingered time-traveller attempting to steal the universe - but here they all are, in another enormous selection of bizarre comic fantasies:
- Thurg the Barbarian drifts unfeasibly into the showbiz world of Guys and Dolls in "Broadway Barbarian" by Cherith Baldry.
- An entire village of humans takes to the skies in "The Byrds" by Michael Coney.
- God sends two angels to earth to prove to a doubting audience the marvels of mathematics in "Math Takes a Holiday" by Paul di Filippo.
- Aliens send an army of small pathetic figures with droopy trousers to conquer Earth in "Attack of the Charlie Chaplins" by Garry Kilworth.
- A small midwest town is turned topsy-turvy by a series of really weird deaths in "The Blackbird" by Jack Sharkey.
Plus 30 more OTT fantasy from the inventive minds of John Cleese and Connie Booth, Tom Holt, Craig Shaw Gardner, Scott Edelman, Avram Davidson, David Langford, Esther Friesner, James Bibby, Stan Nicholls, and others.