Here is a special guide to the real Sydney, written by veteran Sydneysiders. It's full of insightful information for an independent traveler to get about and have fun without spending a fortune; it tells how and where to go to enjoy Sydney's wonderful attractions and offbeat hot-spots.
The authors give you expert advice on how to:
- Fit in with Sydneysiders.
- Speak Strine.
- Eat dog's eyes, bugs and dead horse (this is Sydney slang and you'd better find out what it means).
- Enjoy special walks and cruises on your own.
- Shout a round at a local pub.
- Cuddle a koala, jump with a joey or dare a devil.
- Find off-beat entertainment.
- Buy half-price tickets and find the best bargains on everything from Akubras to red wine.
If you are an independent traveler, this is a book you can enjoy before you go, carry with you, and refer to often. Complete with lots of good advice and step-by-step maps - a must for your trip Down Under.