Accomplished television writer Greg Haddrick presents a unique insight into the specialised format of television series and serials. More than just a manual on writing for television, Top Shelf 1
critically assesses the best of Home & Away, Breakers, Good Guys, Bad Guys, Blue Heelers and Wildside in the light of the special conditions under which television drama is produced. Top Shelf 1
Top Shelf 2
- How the present writing systems evolved from the old Crawford's and Grundy's days.
- How shows are plotted and ideas developed.
- The script-editing process.
- Different narrative styles, plots and production techniques.
- The differences between series and serial writing, both in terms of style and production parameters.
- The influences of American and British systems.
contains the outstanding television screenplays that are analysed in this book.