Use the internet to track down your ancestors.
Millions of genealogical resources and records are available online, allowing you to become a successful family historian from the comfort of your home. This fully updated and practical guide shows you where to start, how to find and use the best websites and how to swap information with others -- helping you to become a smart, discriminating researcher:
- Plan for genealogical success -- get organised to make your research more efficient.
- Begin your search -- start learning where your ancestors came from.
- Find elusive records -- access Australian and international records for births, deaths, marriages, arrivals and more.
- Organise your findings -- understand traditional methods of genealogical organisation and use software to organise and store information.
- Share your findings online -- create websites and form research groups.
Bonus CD includes: Genealogical software tools including Legacy 7.0, Ezitree, Brother's Keeper and Reunion for Macintosh. Plus useful tools like Paint.NET, Open Office and AVG anti-virus software.