An informative and entertaining guide to the world of golf Want to get your handicap down or just get out of a bunker? Golf For Dummies
, 2nd Australian and New Zealand edition, is the complete reference for golfers of all experience levels. Get some great advice on improving your technique with step-by-step instructions and photographs. Pick up the right equipment, hit the green and have fun along the way!
Challenge yourself to play better:
- get tips on taking your game to the next level;
- Get out of trouble;
- know your options when facing difficult recovery shots.
Understand the handicap system:
- discover how to get a handicap, how it's calculated and what it means;
- Work on your technique;
- develop strategies to improve your swing.
Focus on your golf fitness:
- learn ways to get into golf shape;
- Choose where to play;
- find out where to practise and play golf.
Watch golf in person:
- discover where you can watch live golf and interact with players.
Learn more about the greats of the game:
- find out who made Brett Ogle's top ten.
Open the book and find:
- Advice on choosing the correct equipment;
- Chipping, pitching and putting tips;
- Instructions for getting out of bunkers;
- Rules, etiquette and how to keep score ;
- Methods for overcoming the 'yips' and 'shanks';
- How to fit in at the golf club.
- Improve your swing;
- Perfect your putting and get your handicap down;
- Find your local golf pro;
- Choose the best golfing holiday spots.