Do I need an account to purchase from Australian Online Bookshop?
You do not need to register as a customer to add items to your shopping cart. However, before you can make a purchase from Australian Online Bookshop, you must register for a customer account.
You only need to do this once. To register for a customer account, visit our Registration page. Choose a username and password, and enter an email address where we can reach you. Click the Create User button.
I have moved to a new address. How can I update my contact details?
You can view and change your contact details at any time. Click here to alter your details.
How can I change my password or registration email?
Click here to access the change password screen, where you can change your password and registration email.
Purchases, Delivery and Returns
What is a shopping cart?
Like a shopping cart in the physical world, your shopping cart contains any items you have ordered from us but have not yet paid for. When you proceed to the checkout, the contents of your shopping cart will be added up to determine the amount payable. You can view your shopping cart before you go to the checkout and change the quantities of items or remove unwanted items. Click here to view your shopping cart.
What will happen when I click the Checkout button?
When you are ready to finalise your order, click the Checkout button to proceed to the checkout page. You will be asked to add your contact details if you have not done so before. You also need to choose the delivery option and payment option you wish to use. When you have entered this information, you will be guided through the secure payment process for the option you have chosen. Once your payment is approved your order is complete, and we will send it to you as soon as possible.
What options can I use to pay for my order?
You can pay for your order in several ways:
- By credit card, using our secure credit card processing facility. We currently accept American Express, MasterCard and Visa.
- By PayPal, a secure and convenient way to make payments over the internet. You will need to create an account with PayPal if you do not already have one.
- Direct Deposit. Payment can be made directly to our bank account using your online banking facility. Be sure to include your order number when making the deposit.
- Cheque or money order. Use the mail order option and mail your cheque or money order with a printed copy of the order.
I placed an order with Australian Online Bookshop, and I would like to know whether it has been sent yet.
You can use the order status page to keep track of all the orders you have placed with Australian Online Bookshop. You can find out whether we have received payment and when your order was dispatched, as well as viewing any notes about your order.
How will my order be delivered?
Depending whether your order is to be delivered in Australia or overseas, you may choose between a number of delivery options:
- Surface mail (parcel post): Goods will be shipped by Australia Post. While this is the cheapest option, Australia Post is unable to track ordinary surface mail and we cannot guarantee safe delivery or take responsibility for items lost in the mail. We recommend Express Post which costs little more than surface mail but is faster and can be tracked if there is a problem.
- Express Post: Goods will be shipped to you by Australia Post Express Post, protecting you against loss of goods in transit. If your order does not arrive in a reasonable time, notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide the express post satchel number so that you can check with your local post office.
In stock items will usually be dispatched within 1 to 2 business days from receipt of your order. The delivery time will depend on your location and the delivery option that you select. All articles are posted in Bassendean, Western Australia.
- International Airmail: Goods will be shipped to you by air, ensuring that you receive them in the shortest possible time.
- International Airmail - Insured: The insurance option provides you with protection in the event that your order is lost or damaged in transit.
- Express Courier International: A safe and fast way to receive books.
The delivery charge for overseas orders is based on weight, dimensions and delivery address.
The quoted delivery charge DOES NOT include relevant overseas duties and other charges that you may incur.
Some of the items I received are faulty or are not what I ordered. Can I return them?
Yes, provided you return the item(s) to us in the same condition in which you received them, we will in most cases send a replacement or, if this is not possible, issue a refund. Please contact us (email@example.com) before returning an item. Click here to view our returns policy.
Privacy and Security
How do I know that my credit card and contact details are safe when I deal with Australian Online Bookshop online?
Your security is extremely important to us. We have invested in state-of-the-art eCommerce security systems to protect our customers. We never actually handle or record your credit card number - it is transmitted over a secure connection to a specialist credit card processing company. Click here to learn more about how we protect our customers' details.
What information do you keep about me? How do I know that the information I give you will not be used to send me unwanted advertising?
Can I buy products from you using a currency other than Australian dollars?
Yes you can, although the actual charge may be slightly different from the price displayed in your shopping cart. We offer a price conversion option which shows an estimated price of our products and charges in your local currency. The actual charge will be the Australian dollar price converted by your credit card issuer when your credit card is charged.
Australian Online Bookshop has no control over and makes no warranty related to the currency conversion used by the issuer of your credit card.
Click here to find out about currency conversion on bookworm.com.au.
What taxes will I be charged?
Australian Online Bookshop prices include Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST) which is currently 10%. GST is not charged on goods purchased and delivered to countries other than Australia.
International customers should note that all charges related to duties and taxes in the country of destination are the responsibility of the purchaser.
If you still have not found the information you need, please contact us in person with your enquiry.