Zombies and vampires lie within but there are much more disturbing dangers to be found. Australian dark fiction mines deep into the darkest corners of the imagination and the results are seductive and deadly. Be warned: read these stories with the lights on and the door locked!
ADFH Vol3 includes the winners and several nominees of the 2008 Aurealis Award, Ditmar Award, and Australian Shadows Award.
- "Trail of Dead" by Joanne Anderton.
- "A Scar for Leida" by Deborah Biancotti.
- "The Ringing Sound of Death on the Water Tank" by Stephanie Campisi.
- "Between the Memories" by Matthew Chrulew.
- "Suble Invasion" by David Conyers.
- "The Cutting Room" by Shane Jiraiya Cummings.
- "Special Perceptions" by Richard Harland.
- "Dead Air" by Gary Kemble.
- "The Dark and What It Said" by Rick Kennett.
- "There Was Darkness" by Martin Livings.
- "Kadimakara and Curlew" by Jason Nahrung.
- "Lion's Breath" by Miranda Siemienowicz.
- "The Jeweller of Second-Hand Roe" by Anna Tambour.
- "Signs of Death" by Sean Williams.
- "The Wildflowers" by Marty Young.