In ten short years, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD or ADHD) has jumped from obscurity to center stage. Today we know a lot more about this troublesome and noncurable condition that affects children and adults
The second edition of Dr. Thomas W. Phelan's comprehensive and popular guide provides parents, teachers, physicians and mental health professionals with the latest information about ADD. In easy-to-understand and straight-forward language, All About Attention Deficit Disorder
- The basic symptoms of ADD and their effects on school, work, home and personal relationships.
- The differences between Combined Type (ADD with hyperactivity) and Inattentive Type (ADD without hyperactivity).
- Nine indicators that help predict the future.
- The differences between ADD boys and girls.
- Why the ADD diagnosis is often missed by qualified professionals.
- Comorbidity with ADD.
- The latest on medication treatment.
- Counselling, school interventions, behaviour management and social skills training.
Presented with warmth and intelligence, the information in this book will greatly enhance any individual's chances of becoming a successful and happy adult.