Skills for School
is a simple, direct and deliberately concise booklet designed for parents of all preschool children. It:
- Contains information that is practical and easy to read;
- Suggests resources that are of minimal cost and readily available;
- Demonstrates a realistic timeline for busy parents;
- Provides a reference of attainable skills;
- Shows that learning is not 'rocket science' and that all parents, regardless of their background, can and should be actively involved in their child's learning.
The author is a Primary and English Second Language Teacher. She has owned two private Kindergartens, has worked in a variety of ESL, general classroom and senior administrative settings in New Zealand, Australia and New York, and is currently a Literacy and ESL Consultant.