Human trafficking is the fastest growing global crime and is now the second largest after the illegal arms trade. It involves the movement of people, against their will, through violence, deception or coercion for the purpose of sex, forced labour or even body parts. Men, women and children are all victims of trafficking; although approximately 80% are women and girls and up to 50% are children.
The book contains real-life stories, photographs, and practical action points, divided into 6 sections:
- STOP: The right to freedom.
- LOOK: Trafficking is on your doorstep.
- THINK: Attitudes and awareness.
- BUY: The power of the consumer.
- ACT: Join the movement.
- START: Resources to get you started.