Concise, practical, easy to read advice on:
- Working out your budget.
- Finding the right person.
- Negotiating the contract.
Adding a new staff member to your growing small business could be the greatest thing you ever did for your company. Getting it wrong, however, could be very costly and time consuming.
As a small business manager, you know all about the problems of finding time to hire the right staff. You can stop worrying! This easy-to-read, easy-to-implement and, above all, jargon-free guide to hiring staff will make life easier for you.
In straight-forward language, Michael Schaper provides you with all the information you need to:
- decide whether or not it's the right time to recruit new staff.
- undertake a thorough search to discover a field of exciting candidates.
- choose the best-suited candidate.
- Design an induction program to help new staff settle in quickly and become productive and satisfied members of your team.
- plan for the future staffing need of your business.
Michael Schaper's practical tips, time-efficient strategies, checklists, sample letters and job advertisements, as well as lists of helpful organisations and websites, will ensure that you make the right decisions and develop effective action plans.