Bungee-jumping demons, mad Magi, aliens on the quarterdeck, a tricky wizard who leaks to the press - trip the comic fantastic in this dazzling new collection of magic and mayhem from fantasy's funniest, wackiest writers, among them Harlan Ellison, Esther Friesner, Neil Gaiman, Craig Shaw Gardner, Harry Harrison, Tom Holt and Julia Mandala.
- A misguided superman squares up to a dinosaur crossed with a jack-rabbit in "Uncle Henry Passes" by Esther Friesner.
- What happens when you cross Raymond Chandler with Humpty Dumpty? Find out in "The Case of the Four-and-Twenty Blackbirds" by Neil Gaiman.
- Never trust a wizard, especially when the press are involved, as revealed by Ron Goulart in "Hershey's Kisses".
- Hornblower meets Alien in "Captain Honario Harpplayer" by Harry Harrison.
- What could be worse than a serial killer, but a serial toe-nail fetishist, in "The Case of Jack the Clipper" by David Langford.
- Bungee-jumping in Hell may be eternal torment but there's worse to come - for the demons - in "A Slow Day in Hell" by Julia Mandala.
- The King is back? It must be cobblers... Lawrence Schimel reveals what really happened in "The Shoemaker and the Elvis".
Plus more new stories from Seamus Cullen, Charles Partington and Gene Wolfe, and with comic classics from Ambrose Bierce, Avram Davidson, George Alec Effinger and Alan Dean Foster, among many others.