From light bulbs to furnaces, air conditioners to washing machines, the Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings
can help you find energy-saving products. And it show you how to use them effectively.
For green - and budget-conscious - consumers, this 6th edition of the Consumer Guide features:
- New information highlighting horizontal-axis clothes washers, twice as efficient as conventional washers.
- Descriptions of the energy waste and safety hazards of torchiere floor lamps.
- All-new sections offering tips to consumers on how to identify and select quality contractors for heating and air conditioning work.
- An expanded chapter on energy-efficient equipment.
- Descriptions of the all-new EnergyGuide labels on appliances.
- All-new listings of the most energy-efficient appliances and equipment by brand name and model number.
- Which investments in energy efficiency pay for themselves.
- Why EnergyGuide labels on appliances can be misleading.
- Which energy-saving products work which offer more hype than savings.
- How to save hundreds of dollars by replacing your least efficient appliances and buttoning up your house.
The Consumer Guide can help you reduce your contributions to pollution, global warming, and nuclear waste, and lessen your dependence on oil by saving energy at home.