balances both the technological and strategic aspects of electronic commerce essential to succeeding in today's Internet-based economy. Assuming no background in electronic commerce, this book covers the key technologies used in electronic commerce clearly and concisely. The authors have revised and updated this text to provide the most up-to-the-minute information and resources possible, including thorough discussions of both business-to-consumer and business-to-business electronic commerce. Because companies are using these strategies in a global business environment, discussions of international, legal, ethical, and tax issues are included.
- A complete, concise introduction to electronic commerce.
- Balanced coverage of both technology and business topics.
- Comprehensive Online Companion links the concepts in the book to real online examples.
- Integrated coverage of EDI and supply chain management topics.
- Addresses security, implementation, ethics, and legal issues in electronic commerce.
- Case studies of real businesses open each chapter.