Is your computer safe?
Is your computer safe from computer viruses, Trojan horses, hostile Java applets, electronic con games, and malicious hackers? No matter how secure your computer is, it is still vulnerable to a variety of attacks that could steal your data, wreck your files, or even hoodwink you out of thousands of dollars.
To help you protect your computer, Steal This Computer Book
guides you step-by-step through the possible attacks and pitfalls you face on the Internet and reveals how hackers accomplish their malicious deeds. You'll discover:
Steal This Computer Book
- How hackers write and spread computer viruses.
- How hackers get free service and harass legitimate customers on online services such as America Online.
- How online con artists trick people out of thousands of dollars daily.
- Where hackers find the tools to crack into computers or steal software.
- How to find and use government-quality encryption to protect your data.
- How hackers steal passwords from other computers.
will inform, educate, and maybe even shock you with the methods hackers use to crack the defenses of even the most secure computer. With this book, you can protect yourself and your computer from the dangers waiting for you on the Internet.